In March, the Tourist opens its season at night trails. The Committee on Roads and Trails Information Centre organized the now traditional torchlight in the paths of Villers-la-Ville. Come illuminate...
The name evokes a pond or swamp or limits (on).
Video presentation of the village Marbais:
Originally , Adon , Count Marbais from ancient princes of Lorraine and Austrasia and freehold ( inheritance inherited property ) until the 12th century . Marbais = enclave of Namur in the Duchy of Brabant)
Until the French Revolution , is a Marbais Namur earth and is integrated into the Brabant village deserted in 1586 after wars .
1784 : 1419 inhabitants
1801 1095 following the disturbances of the revolution
1846 : 1860 inhabitants
1910 2337 ( mainly due to Chassart )
1914-1918 2190 (war, exodus to more industrial areas
1961: 2088 inhabitants
1976 : 2133 inhabitants
1981 : 2207 inhabitants
1994 : 2576 inhabitants
2002 : 2700 inhabitants
2003 : 2752 inhabitants
2004 : 2743 inhabitants
2005 : 2784 inhabitants
2006 : 2802 inhabitants
2007: 2881 inhabitants
2008: 2913 inhabitants
2009 : 2967 inhabitants
2010: 3014 inhabitants
2011: 3037 inhabitants
2012: 3009 inhabitants
Marbais , agricultural land : wheat, rye, oats , potato
Farms Moulins and other activities:
Priesmont , Jouerie , Rigenée ( Jaquot ) , Chatelet , Marbisoux ( Tison ) sart Gentil ; Farm hatchet,
Flour mill , mill chicory mill tobacco ;
Breweries, a kiln , two wash sand , and the powder keg of Cocriamont and Chassart institutions
Marbisoux or Marbais small but specific
It includes :
Cross of mysterious origin that dates back to the 16th century .
– The twelve pilgrims Marbisoux ” brothers ” folklorico -religious group : Local festival in mid -August
Chapelle Saint -Roch : 1991
– A typical group : the brotherhood of Saint Sebastian Archers
– The church Marbisoux
Marbais for :
Conférie and Royal Society:
The Brotherhood of Saint Sebastian Archers
We use the translation services online, thank you for your indulgence if the translation is not optimal.