Old possession of the abbey (1240-1248)…..
This domestic farm is an outbuilding of the Villers Abbey situated South of the Abbey 125m high on the left bank of the Thyle river….
In Villers-la-Ville, at the centre of the village on its rocky hillock, the Notre-Dame parish church was built on the foundations of a large 13th century Romanesque chapel erected by the Lords of Marbais…..
Its construction was mentioned in 1720. This chapel was actually attached to the Jouerie farm in Marbais….
At the northern edge of Tilly, the chapel of Notre-Dame des Affligés is a little oratory (1731) which held an oak representation of the Virgin dating back to around 1600….
The site of the ancient Abbey of Villers-la-Ville, a jewel in Wallonia’s heritage, is regarded as one of the most complete in Europe. Not because of its state of preservation, but due to the still visible remains of all the buildings that….
General: 555ha hilly and wooded, Crossed by the Thyle, it is also dotted with ponds Video presentation of the village Villers-la-Ville: History: Its history is linked to that of the Abbey, erected in 1146 (the works will take 70 years) and active until the French Revolution of 1789. Evolution of the population of Villers-la-Ville: 1801: […]
662ha, the Abbey of Villers there were already some properties
Lordship of T’Serclaes for 3 centuries
On both sides of the floor of Namur; 1151 ha
Evoque cleared land, essarté by Lady Aveline
Part-owned Houtain-le-val in the Middle Ages
-Part belonged to the abbey Afflighem
-Another at the Abbey of Villers
General: Formerly HEIS-Melenrieu-Emelenriu (1197) – Meleries (1274)-Mellingrou (1403)-Meliorreu (1492)-Mellery (1787) Video presentation of the village Mellery: History: formerly known for its sand mining subsoil; Few lines of communication, the first concrete roads in 1955, abrogation of the railway in 1984 Marked by the pollution caused by waste deposited in the old holes related to local […]