The former sand quarry at Gentissart, located between the villages of Tilly and Mellery, was acquired in 1996 by the Province of Walloon Brabant with a view to creating a teaching and biological interest site….
The oldest parts (schist) of the old mill of Hollers date back to the 13th and 14th centuries and the 18th and 19th centuries for the newest ones (bricks)….
Castle-Farm of Cognée
Private dwelling situated in a Louis XV-style park hosting one of the largest chestnut trees of the country….
This is an old castle occupied by the Seigneurs de Marbais in 1219….
Farm of heathland
Old possession of the abbey (1240-1248)…..
Abbey Farm of Boerenerf
This domestic farm is an outbuilding of the Villers Abbey situated South of the Abbey 125m high on the left bank of the Thyle river….
The Notre-Dame parish church – Villers-la-Ville
In Villers-la-Ville, at the centre of the village on its rocky hillock, the Notre-Dame parish church was built on the foundations of a large 13th century Romanesque chapel erected by the Lords of Marbais…..
Chapel Notre-Dame Auxiliatrice du Triolet – Villers-la-Ville
Its construction was mentioned in 1720. This chapel was actually attached to the Jouerie farm in Marbais….
The chapel of Notre-Dame des Affligés
At the northern edge of Tilly, the chapel of Notre-Dame des Affligés is a little oratory (1731) which held an oak representation of the Virgin dating back to around 1600….
The site of the ancient Abbey of Villers-la-Ville
The site of the ancient Abbey of Villers-la-Ville, a jewel in Wallonia’s heritage, is regarded as one of the most complete in Europe. Not because of its state of preservation, but due to the still visible remains of all the buildings that….